Thursday 14 June 2018

Where to Begin - A new?

Cryptic. I always find that when I do know what to say. I always want to start a log post with where to begin..... so much so that if I write where to begin I usually just waffle on for a paragraph or so until I actually find the answer. The idea of 'Where to begin?' is where I actually start.

So often in life some how we think that we have to get it all figured out before we even start. it's kind of insane when I think back to this blog and how it started. Yes how it started! I was either sitting in the office of Troubador Studios - A recording studio or I was at my mother house. Though I believe I was probably at my mother house in the living room trying (as I always seem to be doing) what to do with my life. I wonder if I knew than what I knew now, if that question would have unsettled me so  much. As far as I am concerned things have worked out fabulously well. I mean incredibly well without me actually having any idea what I was doing. If anybody had told my 27 year old self that I would be a. Living in Cape Town - yes that and b. married to a beautiful man who I adore and adores me. I probably would have said sign me up I'm ready lets go. Luckily for me life isn't the instant gratification monkey, so you know I had to learn some hard lessons to get there. Those lessons were totally worth it and I now know that we have to go through some tough times to appreciate the value of the things that we create for ourselves.

Like a lot of people I have a lot of key components of a fabulous life. I'm still building the puzzle and that is an awesome place to be. Yes it really is. After all I intend on living a very long and happy life. I promise. I f I knew every single element of what was to come next I'd be bored shitless. Yup I'm probably pull and Elizabeth 1st and starve myself to death. Life is a masterpiece and like any master piece there are a lot of element to consider even Rothco and his beautiful blue hues had to god through a process of refinement in order for them to be sooooo absorbing. We under estimate how much time it takes and exactly how many details are involved in order for us to become who we are. So instead of thinking I want it all, I need more (which you undoubtedly do) why not think of your life as a giant canvas. Consider you methodology. Are you going to attach the canvas? Are we throwing paint at it? What colours are we using? Or are we meticulously doodling miniature scenes and slowly filling up the space. It is a blank canvas that you are happy to leave white? Or do you feel that the canvas must be prepared first in order for us to begin to create our vision. Life is a creative adventure.

No comments: