Thursday 14 June 2018

TV and The Value of Distraction

Watching shit T.V and working on self-development all at the same time. I lived without a T.V for most of my adult life, until 7 years ago. The reason we bought one? Nelson Mandela, he died and we wanted to watch the funeral. Little did I know that South Africa hadn't really figured out sate funerals, the way the British had with their 1000 years of practice.

Anyways I am not a strong advocate of meditation like really. Stillness and mindfulness are all great practices. Distraction is underrated especially for an over thinker like me. It's really good for me to have two things to do at the same time. It might not be high vibrational functioning and digital free living it is however a very good coping mechanism for some of us just trying to get by. The thing is it's a process. That's a lot of my mantra all the time. As I figure out what it is to be me. How to make money out of how to be me.

No comments: