Friday 15 June 2018

Cryptic Titles

Wow. Hmmm and ahhhh. In recent weeks I have realised that I am in the habit of writing cryptic titles for blog posts or even cryptic Facebook posts. Now I see how utterly ludicrous that is. Not kidding. For some reason I want to be able to say what I say without actually saying it and expecting other people to understand. Does anybody else do this. It feels like I am inviting people into my inner world without giving them the password and than are rather perturbed when people fail to climb in something that they know nothing about. 

I think we often all do this and makes me think deeply about the communication tactic I use with my relationships. Yes no shit. I'm very lucky in my marriage and the 7 years relationship that we have an agreement that embraces the harshness of brutal honesty - which is great right up until the moment when one or the other party is actually lying to themselves. No joke that happens which can be incredibly challenging to identify. 

Anyways because of this privilege that we have afforded each other we can say what we want to without fear of reprise it doesn't men that we always like what the other has to say it does mean that we always agree it does mean that we both know exactly where we stand. 

What is interesting to me with regard to this article of an exploration of honesty is that I now understand that if I am not willing to say or fully explain what I feel. I cannot expect anybody to understand. Yet at the same time how can I write blog/journal entries in the hope of being understood if I am only writing for myself. It gives air to another idea. The idea of sharing. Despite the fact that I frequently wish to air my thoughts I am not a big fan of sharing. Like really, not a big fan.Does that seem strange? Probably. What I think deeply about in these cryptic heading and illusive references in that there is something that I want to say, that I'm not just going to come out and say as it might be harmful to me. So many people open up in the hope of gaining support for their ideas, thoughts of feeling and have found themselves criticised and then dismissed. It's harmful and damaging. Many of us have experienced this an who know how a critical comment or in fact any comment at all has impacted someone creative aspirations. They certainly have me. Now more than ever there is a need to open up. To cut the crap and say what's on our minds. We are currently co-creating the universe whether actively engaged or not. Well me I've dipping my toes in the water while wearing my socks. An exercise that will surely end up in illness. So note to self, be honest first and then decide if you actually want to share, drop the cryptic.

No comments: