Sunday 17 June 2018

Blogger Ten Years On

I've been working on my social media business strategy trying to figure out what it is that I want to achieve and even trying to figure our very specifically what my niche is. Yes the illusive niche. I've rewritten my personal statement close to a trillion times and I'm slowly creeping up on some seriously needed finalisation. The news that I am a Life Doula, not a coach I use a layered integrated support system to provide ongoing and continual care for all my clients. Teaching the art of self-nurturance in a community environment. 

What I'm really trying to figure out is how to get this blog to post to Facebook automatically without a lot of faff. Back in the day at the very start of blogger and Facebook combined you could link blogger to Facebook notes. In about 2011 that stopped at to be honest I have rarely been bothered to really do much about it. I have attempted to find out if there is any way round it, though there don't seem to be. Any tips out there? It kind of makes me sad, as personally I really enjoy blogger. Why's that? Well because it was the first blogging format that I started using and I really enjoy it uncomplicated styles and format. I even remember the original theme and the lengths I went to get it looking the way I wanted. I hasten to say I still have the same tastes.....I wonder how it would seem now if I'd kept it left in an internet time capsule. Then Wordpress happened and Blogger feels like a fail to thrive child. 

I've really thought about ditching it for a few years as I was unable to create traction largely because I wasn't fully committed to my own process. I was reluctant to move away form it as a platform as it would have been a big job to move over all the articles and get them back into any kind of format that I would be happy with.

In the last few years I've been amazed by it's re-emergance. In fact it's been really interesting to witness quite a few high profile individuals to continue to use it. You can now add pages and I've also set up another new blog Scopophilia to explore art, healing and the built environment. You can layer different websites and blogs to the different tabs which is kinda cool. Creating the effect I always wanted to a spiral bound notebook that is always expanding. My old post are still recorded in my Facebook notes.

No comments: