Tuesday 24 June 2008

A day later

The solstice has come and gone, and for the first time in long time I missed it. I knew it was coming. Some how I didn't check the days and it got away from me. I like the Solstice not because it's a hippie thing or anything but more because it's steeped in mystery. It demonstrates that we are part of an immense universe all logically worked out and functioning. It's bigger than us, yet encompasses completely. The seasons passing and the contemplation of time creating it's own markers is very powerful;far from digital watches and calenders it's all there. In this day in age as concrete becomes king and we can't see the stars for smog and street lamps or confuse them for satellites and planes, many have little knowledge of the greatness of what surrounds us. I suppose that's why people move to Cornwall or get a new life in the country. It bothers me immensely that people should try to swap cit life for country life it's strange. I find it very weird when people tell me like they've unlocked a great secret 'Do you know the sea changes everyday'. It's a basic; kind of like the sky or even our inner selves we are different everyday. How strange that you should have to learn all this stuff from scratch.

I lived in Guildford once, I also watched 'Bladerunner' once there seemed to marking similarities. I'm going to give you all a great tip if you're reading this from town. You can't buy you way out of the rat race. You can't buy things that can't be bought. It's ridiculous someday maybe in the not so distant future somebodies going to try and buy summer, kind of like how they try to sell it to you. Do you really care about being skinny enough to get into a bikini, or being at all those music festivals or on exotic beaches? These things are imaginary and maybe that's why grasping ourselves or trying to figure out happiness makes you so difficult. You might never go to Venice. That doesn't make your life any less worth living. What we're sold are all the experiences that we should have. We are very rarely sold the terrible reality 'No matter where you are there you are' you don't become instantly develope 'latino spirit' going to Spain on holiday. All those experiences that you've been saving up for are not real. Not only that we now see that television is now even promoting tribe immersion to learn what is real. Here's the deal breaker. The only thing that is real is love. I'm not talking about hippie love or free love or any of that. Love is the only thing that feeds us and allows us to be who we truly are. As a rule the less people have the more love people have to give. Poor don't have to protect there imaginary construction produced from greed and selfishness. I have nothing, so to share nothing with you is easy. So if you want to become truly happy give everything you own away.

That was a lot deeper than I thought I'd go today. I really wanted to talk about yesterday. I've been ill for a few months now. Not really ill, just ill in a very comprehensive way, body and spirit. So I've been back home with maw and paw; which has had it's difficulties. To be honest I've done alot of lounging around while being addicted to productivity. I ended up with a crochet blanket. So I spend most of my day looking out the window - We have a sea view and we've always had one it's always been there. If you've got any sense at all you'll never want one; for this simple reason, to be without one makes you sick in your soul. I swear you grieve for it. Anyways lots of things happen on our little stretch of water, In fact Johnny Cash even mentions it at the beginning of his last autobiography and there's an ER episodes that give it rave reviews. Actually this is really boring and I can't be bothered writing it. In short there was a navy boat with engine failure, a Trident submarine that had to ask a fishing boat to move and one of the old Fife's America's Cup yachts in full sail. Maybe that was interesting. Now I have a to do list to be getting on with.

No comments: