Sunday 20 July 2008

Oh Bunny Rabbit

blah, blah , blah , blah , blah, blah. Every time I phone Troubador studio I have to talk gibberish for ten seconds while Chris decides to pick up the phone. The reason for this is, is that Chris keeps on getting hourly calls from the Halifax as he has stopped paying the credit card bill. If only we could all do it. Well we can. In fact if we all did the global economy would go through a secondary crash and we'd have to think of something more practical to replace monetary systems.

So eighties cartoons and the values of you tube. You tube is good.

Yesterday started with breakfast at 1pm breakfast was accompanied by beer ................ fourteen hours later we ended up back at Troubador with Campbell who stayed over.

The day previous, when I left you I'd headed out to meet Brendan in order to take advantage of his bathing facilities. He wasn't in the Star and I ended up meeting him at his flat fifteen minutes later than we'd planned. He was with a guy called Pete who's a technician at the college. (never go there) They were on their way to an Irish girls leaving party. I'd never met her. So off they toddled to the party after they had filled Brendan's rather attractive leather satchel like bag with a number of goodies including humus, vine tomatoes and red wine. After I had gone to the gem(best chippy in town) and eaten some cheesy chips at the viewing point, that's view had been obscured by the new buildings in front. Anyways Brendan turned back up, having forgotten his satchel like leather bag packed full of goodies.

I then had a bath, using brown sugar and soap to exfoliate my legs and face I'd felt dirty for a few days and this was the only way I was going to feel clean. There a lot you can tell about someone from whats in there bathroom, like thickening hair shampoo, the same soap that I use and some kind of pink anti-bacterial skin wash. The most fascinating thing about the bathroom was the bathroom itself. Brendan's flat, which was in fact Harold's before him. Is a basement flat set on the corner at the top of a very steep set of stairs. The flat has very low ceilings, one of Brendan's favourite things to do is stand with his head touching the ceiling. Which give me irrational shivers.

The bathroom suite is primrose yellow with steel taps with the four pronged cogs on the top. The bathroom being in a basement flat also had a number of issues with condensation. As a result of this all the wallpaper had peeled off, leaving a familiar and homely black mould pattern on all of the walls. I balanced my gold bow necklace on the towel rail, the bag of sugar on the closed toilet seat and the soap, in a soap holder on the corner of the bath before hoping in. I had already been glad to discover that Brendan had some apple shampoo , which was good because I had no shampoo. Baths are often misconstrued as something luxurious. However there are still many houses in Britain that don't have showers. My parents being one of them. Getting in the bath, as bath necessity user is very different from getting in the bath as a bath luxury user. It's hard work all that scrubbing and exfoliating at least we have the luxury of knowing we won't fall over. There is something satisfactory about the slow discolouration of bath water as it slowly mucks up with your own bodily dirt. Anyway it was the most satisfying bath I've had in a long while.

Dom's just called and hes taking me out on the river rowing in exchange for baby sitting if this doesn't make any sense I'm sorry and I'll try to fill in the gaps later.

No comments: