Monday 18 February 2019

The Life Of Brian & The Labour Party

First of all, I am writing what is in my head with absolutely no point of reference other than the live feed on The Guardian.  7 Labour MP's have just resigned over anti-Semitism and the left wing of government being, well, too left wing. I wonder what their parents think? If they've even consulted them or wondered if they really care about the greater good. Or more rather serving their own agenda. There also very confident that they'll get elected on their own merits next time around. I very much doubt it and am looking forward to their constituents feedback even as we speak. I wonder if the answer might just be - I voted Labour. It wasn't a personality test I was betting on you to save the future of this country by using the anything but Tory loophole that you seem to be blithely unaware of. FFS. It's a wonder really how people can get to out of line with what they really think. And then on the other hand how fucked up it can be to try and condone something that you can't condone. Like any true Scot, I love a good schism.

Though I'm not quite sure what that is? They say it's anti-semitism. Which makes me laugh not least at The Guardian themselves. I think it's fair to say that Jeremy Corbyn is a peace lover that has always acted with conscious. Who spoken and intervened endlessly on behalf of the Palestinian people. Who The Guardian has to my knowledge largely supported over the decade I've been following their reportage on the situation. Now ever since Jeremy Corbyn has been elected it seems that an anti-Semitic campaign has been launched against him from what was a pro-Palestinian paper. What changed I wonder? Isn't it strange how this was never a problem before in the Labour party? Or is it possible that politician elected to represent our country simply have no real understanding of the Middle East conflict at that be pro-Palestine is not the same as being anti-Semitic? Given that the recently appointed Minister for Northern Ireland had no knowledge of Northern Ireland it has to be assumed that everything is possible. Maybe the seven just didn't like the long meeting about really important things. Like climate change, the disenfranchised North rather than how they could monetise their political career (I'm sure there are life coaches that could help them with that, try click funnels). There is absolutely no need to break up a political party).  It pays to be clever about these things. Maybe they should have had a meeting with Peter Mandelson about how best to proceed. I'm sure Toni would have obliged them with a meeting for sure. Shit, maybe that's it....? Guess who's back? Back again.....? Is he going to pull a Winston?

To be clear I'm not a Labour fan, I have voted for them in the past (yes you guessed it I voted for Toni). Then I watched as 100,000 people were completely ignored on the streets of Glasgow. Look where it's got us? The UK are we more divided than ever? It's hard to know writing as a Scot abroad.  I remember the plan to reinvigorate the Labour movement being touted by Trade Unionist as far back as 2011. I didn't believe it was advisable. Now I have to admit they've managed it. It would appear that once again we have a truly left-wing party in the UK. Hold fast boys and girls. Speak love to one another. Always look on the bright side of life.

 

No comments: