Sunday 24 June 2018

Journaling, Writing and Blogging Systems

For fuck sake this may well be the most boring thing that I have ever written and I am ashamed that I have brought this to your shores...However it could be useful, to the dyslexic thinker and well me. So something fascinating has happened in the last few weeks first of all I'm motivated. I'm sure a large percentage of my blogs start this way, motivated - then lying in my own vomit for a month, motivated - spent 3 days trying to fight rage, motivated -got distracted from the pain of having to write about my life, motivated - and then well the dishes happened - Savvy?

Yes that's me and fuck me sideways do I have a lot of thoughts and emotions to manage and perfectionist leanings to tend to. This year it will have taken me ten years to write a book. I actually finished it, the first draft about four years ago, then had to start working cause I was totally financially gubbed. Got some great feedback, very positive and haven't been able to get back into it. As it need a complete redraft and probably needs split into two books rather than one.

Why am I telling you this? Cause I find writing systems incredibly confusing remembering what I've written, when I've written it and keeping it in chronological order. And I really haven't mastered word track changes.... Anyways I finally discovered on blogger that you can open a private blog that no one else can get access to (except for global secret services agencies) which to me is kind of incredible. Now I use the private blogger account as a journal and then I am able to sort all the emerging articles into chronological order so I know which one to work on. Amazing right. Now I am sure there are people out there facepalming themselves because this is not the easiest solution.... and I am sure there are far easier way to organise documents....not that I've found. I mean you can write the date and the draft bu that kind of kills me The the article get filed under that date. Which takes a lot of organising. Top tip if you just starting out, you need to start the date with the year 2018/06/22 -Savvy Fuck it's a ball ache, especially when you didn't start out doing it that way.  Yup  just create all you files with a date at the start until all the soul is gone and you feel more like a business administrator, rather than the creative genius you are.

What I do,  When I have to write something more in depth than a 500 word blog post, I get to certain point of editing  where I literally I start a new draft, cause I want to keep record of what I change, especially when it's creative writing. As I write this I realise that that it's kind of insane. The filing seems insane. I like to see how the work develops. 

I get lost in the writing process. I also get distracted a lot and I continually have new ideas as move forward. I often end up with list of potential new stories or projects at the bottom of the page when I finish writing and article. Be able to quickly open a document that stores itself correctly is amazing. Whatismore I can work on ideas and see how articles, themes and projects progress over time, exciting. Lets see what happens next.....


No comments: