Wednesday 11 September 2019

Re-Direction

So I have no idea in the last few months when it finally hit me that what my real niche was. The Life Doula deals with Systemic Trauma. What I can tell is that it knocked me for six. My brain has been going a little bit crazy ever since. Actually, it might all have started when I bought Convert Kit and my friend Karyn Reynolds started sequencing emails for me and then it kind of became clear what profile storyteller and connector of dots I was and then all of a sudden poof you are here. Re-writing at the blog you had half abandoned again after what I can only describe as one of the toughest years in history. Yes so I am re-building the dream of The Life Doula and it would appear that the universe has gifted me with all the information and tools that I need in order to take it all forward. One slow step at a time. 

 The end goal is a community of some sort. 

The immediate goal is getting convertkit running like a boss. 

The next week's goals are to get more one-to-one clients and that they are actually all the clients I want. 

I'm not doing workshops. I might do talks. 

I am avoiding causing trauma. That's really important. 

What I am really rediscovering right now is my passion for writing even if it is just Instagram posts oh yes that. 

With the topic of Systemic Trauma & Abuse, I know it's going to be hard to run out of writing topics. Right now at this point, I'm just hoping that I write enough that I can actually get round to reading some books. How amazing would that be? And of course to be able to afford them. 

So yes I'm excited about my re-direct and also now know where this blog fits into that process of creating content. You see this blog has been like a lame duck for years sometimes' it gets my attention other times, I seem to roam away from like a wild unicorn should. Now I see that it has a far more vital role to play in terms of telling my story. You see The Life Doula has been eluding me for such a long time it has left my writing wondering all of the places. Largely talking about myself and not about my niche or even customer-focused. You know what that was cause I couldn't figure it out. I couldn't get all the things that I wanted to into straight lines. There always seemed like a crisis mos to the one on my own brain. Now that I have solved it I can get linear. You see that is what trauma does we get lost in the information stuck in the overwhelming, twittering on about what might seem like unconnected nonsense. Then, of course, you make the connection. It's all connected. Which leads me on to my next blog post. 

No comments: