Friday 27 September 2019

Discipline, Discipleship and Disassociation

Yes, all of the above. I'm learning about all of these things while typing in bed far to late in the night having not done the things I should think about life the universe and everything. Which I am largely trying to determine by endlessly shuffling a set of Doreen Virtue Magical Unicorns Oracle Cards. Yes, that. The great thing is there all positive and which makes me wonder why my brain needs so much convincing. There is I'm sure a very long story about that, that I am not going to get round to writing while on here tonight. 

I feel calm today, if disorganised and I wonder sometimes if I'm trying to hard to make everything work, get into flow while ignoring my core needs. I probably need to get out more, exercise more and find that killer routine that is supposed to fix everything. 

Lately, I've been talking a lot about discipleship in relation to discipline. That we need to honour ourselves. I'm not keeping up with my own game and I'm wondering why that is. Of course, it is trauma. Trauma, trauma, trauma the great thing is we can cure it we just have to stay present enough to masterfully tend to our needs. Yes that! That's the challenge of disassociation. So on that note, I must get on. 

No comments: