Saturday 2 December 2017

Exploding Brain Thoughts

Well I'm sure I've written about this before and I'm certain that I will write about again. Sometimes my problem is that I have to many ideas. I'm sure this isn't a problem for many people and if this is the case for you be sure to phone me up. I used to be like a Jack Russel or  Greyhound chasing every thought in my head to completion. 

 This time it was a The Radical Burn festival based around Obs, that actually addressed the 12 guiding principals and was intended to create positive impact and evolve deeper consciousness in the real world, not out in some man made fantasy land in the dessert. It all cam when I finally encountered someone who shared my views on Afrikaburn. I thought I was the only one. "I'm a real green-girl" To paraphrase she cited that she didn't like Afrikaburns policy of burning everything and all the carbon emissions, not least that 5000 people drove fours hours there and back almost totally dependent on fossil fuels. It hardly embraced the idea of radical self-reliance. It's something I've been pondering for years and although I would love to go just for the sheer hell of it. It's hard to endorse such a strange organisation that is at such odds with itself. In fact it's whole existence is highly ironic. 

Anyway the The Radical Burn  would be based in Observatory, Cape Town and would use local venues to host radical conversation, talks, events and performances that would help to create positive change in the community.  It would took address challenging issues, like water consumption, plastic pollution, fossil fuel dependency and much much more. While looking to local business, residents and revelers to make radical pledges that impact the collective good. 

So that's my story....

However it turns out that these days it is not that I have mastered stilling my mind, I have mastered not responding to the thoughts that spin round my head. The truth of the matter is that although I may have a number of brilliant ideas popping up in my head on a regular basis I do not have the energy or inclination to complete or take on every one. Even though I may spend hours of my time running such ideas through to completion. 

In this past year though wonderful thing have happened. It is simply this; that although I may not take action on my thoughts I believe that my thoughts make up part of the collective human consciousness. That the fact that I think the thoughts at all means that somebody out there will eventually pluck them out of the ether, make them there on and act on them. It's happening with quite a consistent regularity. It's great when other people can tick of you to do list for humanity for you. Manifesting on an epic scale.

The trick is not to get bogged down in it. Though I do think it helps someone's future success if you plan it all out for them..I should really be sending patenting letters to myself at this point or at least indulging my ideas in an elaborate bullet journal. That is the next idea....bullet journal workshops. I'll be sure to insert the hyper link here to the event when it is ready......

No comments: