Thursday 12 March 2009

An orange gas cylinder and me.

Last night the gas bottle ran out for the special occasion that I had invited somebody round for dinner. Not just anybody but Dougie Rowe. Dougie had sold me 'Samara' several months ago and other than the odd visit and maybe one cup of tea had not managed to come round for any prolonged period of time. The dinner went well, he even brought a bottle of white wine, which luckily had a screw top. Dougie is a salty old sea dog, now in his seventies and I'm not sure why but I was very concerned that He might not make it off the boat once we were on the mud. He did. All was well. Is this interestign I think not but maybe if itell you the story of the boat it might make it a liltle more interesting. Is it on her already lets check.........

It's kinda covered but not in any great depth. I think really it's better saved for a short story. Along with 'since you left......'

I'm feeling very well and i was thinking that last night as I was walking along Commercial Road with my gas cylinder. I can do this. I am doing this and I've made it through winter. Maybe not with alot of grace but I made it through. Brendan deserves a big mention on that. Thanks Brendan. So here I am Happy as Larry on ma wee boat. Who would have thought it. Cheryl's told me how to get an interest free loan off the dole, which I'm going to have to find out about and hopefully this will mean I can sort out the boat in the next few weeks.

I went live on the radio with my first show on Wenesday the 4th March and auspicious day? All the best jobs I ever had started were in March not that this is a job as such. It's exciting, I'm excited by it and it's giving me a real buzz. The night before I was meant to go on I wouldn't say I was shitting it but liek someone who had left writing an essay to the last minute I was feeling the pressure. I almost done an all nightere trying to get my shit organised. The computer was failing miserably with the concept of copying an paisting from the internet onto word. Arrrrgggh this was much to my frustration. I went to bed a three and was meant to be up again at seven. It was strange feeling nerves like that I don't think I've had nerves like that in the longest time. Kinda like a kid before Christmas. Anyway I slept in after ignoring the alarm. I mean an alarm to get you up; what's that for? If mole hadn't phoned me at 8am surely failure would have been mine. I tore myself out of bed and ran up the hill to find there wasa bus in hot persuit got to the bus stop and jumped on, very luckily I had cash and the bus was an almost reasonable £2. Got to the Media centre and the doors were closed there was someone behind the desk but they were not letting me in. Panic almost struck and actually even though I was quite seriously stressed I did not break into the blind panic to which I have become accustomed. Pete (Doctor Who Pete a friend of Brendan's, who I once went on holiday to Falmouth with)arrived and let me in also providing a cup of tea roobosh no less. Paul turned up shortly after and everything was cool. Once we'd missed the 9am deadline to perform there was no hurry. Russell had to edit the minidisk and I had recorded over Martin talking about dog poo with Dina and Clive singing in Cornwall. You win some you loose some. Paul was a star, and Maurice turned up early and was considerably dry for the whole of the interview. That was as they say that.

Done two more shows since then and another one tomorrow, Brenda has cancelled for Monday but i'm sure we'll sort it out.

Full Moon Fever took everybody ovr on Wednesday and I had a really good night with Belle, Ruth & Maria. The tide is changing and this summer feels like it's going to be a good one.

No comments: