Tuesday 27 January 2009

Stop the Cornish Arms Trade

The tide has just come in and the boats beginning to rock a little. I've got a head cold. I woke up this morning with what I thought was the most almighty hangover only to spend four hours trying to sleep it off, to figure out it was my sinuses. I missed my physio appointment. Monday I spent trying to recover from my late night on the internet. Mole invited me to drop round the Red Cross buckets and that was the end of my attempted afternoon nap. Mole had been up early in the morning to, having spent the morning on the roof of a Helston gunsmiths. I'd like to say that Mole really was just there to enjoy the view. However he was up there with a banner saying "Stop the Cornish Arms Trade" yes our small nation is posing a real and serious threat to international peace. Who would have thought it? Mole had been up on the roof with Catherine, a rather keen young activist since dawn. At one point they had got rather confused by the volumes of young families turning up, only to discover that the next building was a nursery. Apparently nobody was really that bothered except for the guy who owned the place who was in in Moles words 'well angry'. Some press that Mole had tipped off turned up including BBC Radio Cornwall. Moles brother, who had been listening to Radio Cornwall, then called Mole to find out if it was him. Mole has taken on this direct action strategy after organising the Gaza Vigil's as a way to draw attention to what could be seen as local involvement in Israeli occupation of Palestine. Mole hasn't quite managed to find out if the Helston gunsmith's are supplying Israel with weapons. However Mole does know that the gunsmith's do have very close business links with the Israeli's. I'm sure more information will follow. Catherine and Mole managed to scamper away, when the owner went back inside, leaving behind that ladder they had used to scale the building.

Singer song writer was really good tonight. I walked home to Penryn with Simon and David. Some nightingales were singing too.

Hmmmm up earlyish tomorrow morning best be off......

No comments: