Tuesday 5 December 2017

Colds

They just sneak up on you all of a sudden; never quite sure were they came from and wondering if there was anything you could have done to prevent them. back in the day when I had a cold I used to refuse to get out of bed. I would get all cuddled up in my favourite Snapples sweatshirt some long sleeved pyjamas, and extra pair of sock and I swear that snuffle would just disappear. I realise now that in my twenties I was pretty highly functioning for what I perceive now to be a kid. I'm not even sure how I did it. I hated being ill. So I can only assume that I loved myself enough to make the right choices and love myself back to full health. Besides who couldn't do with a full day in bed sleeping reading books and drinking tea.

In the last few day I haven't got anywhere near enough sleep and suspect that supper full moon has had a huge part to play in my waning sleep life. That's make me ponder at the deeper astrological implications for my emotional life. This morning I didn't fall asleep until eight o'clock in the morning despite have taken three natural sedatives and an ibuprofen. There was no dreaming eventually when I finally determined that my soar throat and coughing were down to a bought of the cold rather than the dust I'd inhaled from some end of year cleaning, it was all a little to late. Only then did I reach for the Snapples sweater and finally drift of to sleep for two hours.....

So here I am snuffling away drowning in tissues and self-prescribed water and some Med-lemon for the evening. I'm sure to survive until morning.

No comments: