Wednesday 29 November 2017

Back On Nuclear War

Do we really think North Korea is going to bomb the USA? and is the guy that so publicly defected feeling ok after have had all his worms removed? These are just some of the thought that spin through my head as I get up. I let my phone in my room duh and  this was this first piece of information that I received. For a long and I mean most of my adult life I'd tried to avoid the main stream media. After all what impact does the nuclear holocaust of another country have here in the global south? My nuclear apocalypse imaginings from here in Cape Town are quite different from when I lived in Scotland. Cause after all Scotland is quite probably the first strike. It's quite bizarre though when ever I think of a nuclear strike hitting Scotland it came for the USA not from Russia. I wonder if that is the seer in me.

I used to have dream about the end of the world as a kid. Long standing an recurrent dreams that included everything that you might imagine of a kid born in the eighties. There were giants and World War II Spitfires dropping bombs and it was all going on right over the fence from the back garden. We were trapped between a nuclear navel base and a nuclear power station there wasn't much hope for a good outcome. Eventually the dream would end and we would get out of the care and start climbing the hills to the back of the village and as we turned into the Von Trapp family I would wake up.

Whenever there is talk about North Korea and nuclear it feels like there is a rupture in the force and then I laugh at myself as I remember we are now in an era of perpetual war. Syria is starving to death while under siege. The war in Afghanistan and Iraq has spread factionalism with all countries in the surrounding areas. The two party agreement has never been resolved for Palestine, while Gaza still acts as an open air prison. There is permanent rupture in the force. Though I would like to believe that I am  a highly intuitive person (when I 'm not poisoning myself with alcohol, sugar, nicotine and other substances) me saying that I feel a rupture in the force is bullshit. It's just me tapping into the pre-designed media fear that exists to create a perpetual war.

You can't really blame North Korea for being tetchy that the West might bomb the fuck out of them soon. Lets face it they may have some kind of resources that was don't even know about. Maybe they've got oil. Do doubt the International Space Station is doing a lot of hovering over that part of the world.

In other news, this is the old paradigm already I've dedicated 30 mins of my morning to figuring out how I feel about nuclear war. When I should be focusing on the connections that make us human. That as a species we can't exist without love and love should be the guiding principal that brings every single human on this plane into existence. I often talk about 9/11 which was a terrible day for humanity, with even more terrible repercussions. However the truth is that for the vast majority of us here on planet Earth it has no impact on our lives whatsoever unless of course you have happened to be someone who was directly affected or was in New York that day. What we remember are the T.V reruns or YouTube videos of the atrocity. The way that its is referenced (as I am now) to prove a point or create a bench mark in human history.The things is if you step outside your door the world is largely good. Most of our society works on basis of good faith and trust. We trust people to drive on the right side of the road. We trust the shopkeeper to give us back the correct change. We trust our neighbours not burn our house down. Humans are good. It's the corporations that we really have a problem with. They are ones creating products that knowing pollute the earth. If corporations stop pushing there profit based agenda and started thinking about humans, the larger environment and Earth we wouldn't have the threat of nuclear war and nor would we be a species on the brink of extinction.

No comments: